Over the last fourteen years, Tom and Jane have transformed the Great House garden into a thriving haven of glorious plants, shrubs and trees - a true "plantsman's garden".
It has been praised by several esteemed national garden designers, and is open under the National Gardens Scheme.
The two and a half acre grounds are home to a formal rose garden, an intricate "Knot Garden" and bustling borders of agapanthus and unusual alliums.
There is some impressive stonework in the steps, terraces and pergola. The lovely ornamental canal is designed to show reflections of the house and trees.
In June, roses cascade from the trees and walls and the pretty shrub roses are in full bloom. A border of unusual delicate brown and yellow iris was planted in 2007. The brick-pathed potager produces abundant fruit and vegetables for the table.
The wrought iron front gates date from 1720 and were admired by Pevsner. The ornate overthrow was sold abroad in the 1960s to an American couple on honeymoon in Herefordshire. When Tom and Jane finally tracked it down, it was being used by the same couple as a headboard to their bed! Fortunately, the owners were willing to part company with it so that the Great House gates could be restored to their former glory.